wanted: le nez du cafe

coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee

wanted: le nez du cafe

Postby ellenstevens on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:52 am

I am looking for a used nez du cafe kit that still has all the vials, still in good condition. PM me if you have an extra that you'd like to sell to me.
Ellen
ellenstevens

full name: ellen stevens
company: The Beanery Coffee Roasters
: www.thebeanery.com

Re: wanted: le nez du cafe

Postby nick on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:47 pm

Ellen,

I wouldn't recommend a used Le Nez kit, unless you just want it for fun or something; Le Nez kits are notoriously finicky, and lose their 'strength.' For instance, Q-Grader instructors are replacing Le Nez kits every 2 years or so because they're less useful over time.

So unless someone has one that they just got recently and realized they don't need, the idea of a "used Le Nez du Cafe" kit is a little like buying "old coffee beans." Might be good for gluing to construction paper for folk art project, but not really much else.

Just trying to be helpful! :D
Nick Cho
nick

full name: Nicholas Cho
company: Wrecking Ball Coffee Roasters
: http://nickcho.com
: http://wreckingballcoffee.com/

Re: wanted: le nez du cafe

Postby ellenstevens on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:13 am

Nick,
Thanks for the good advice. I suspected as much. Considering the cost of the kit, I thought I would try anyway, and who knows, I might get lucky with a "late model" kit that someone doesn't need. 8)

I'm not waiting too long, tho, cause I really want to clarify some of the aromas I am smelling, as well as put an actual scent to some of the crazy-sounding aromas on the flavor/aroma wheel...cedar...what are you REALLY?

Ellen
ellenstevens

full name: ellen stevens
company: The Beanery Coffee Roasters
: www.thebeanery.com