chaff cyclone for UG22?

roasting & roastery operations

chaff cyclone for UG22?

Postby geir oglend on Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:55 pm

Hi all, nice to be back posting on my favourite forum. Lots of interesting things and travels since my last posting. Maybe one day I'll get up enough energy to write about it. 4 trips to my home country Norway and 1 to La Marzocco Out of the Box in Milano Italy.
On my last trip home I was successful in finding a used Probat ug22 at Solberg and Hansen in Oslo, with a lot of help from my good friend and countryman Tim Wendelboe.
It finely arrived Victoria BC in April and we are almost finished the restore on it but need a Used or New Chaff Box.
I know they are somewhat specific so not to effect the airflow and adequately removal of chaff.
I'm also interested in if someone has some plans/drawings to help me attempt to manufacture one here.
The concept of chaff removal using a cyclone is somewhat familiar and with the help of welder friend we might get it done.
Even a picture of the original one with measurement would be a big help.
We are getting real close here so any help will be appreciated.

so long and come on back everybody we miss you all.

geir oglend drumroaster coffee
geir oglend

full name: geir oglend
company: drumroaster Coffee
: www.drumroaster.com

Re: chaff cyclone for UG22?

Postby Jessica Cole on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:37 pm

Geir, did you ever resolve this issue? Just wondering whether you ended up manufacturing one or finding one.
Jessica Cole

full name: Jessica Cole
company: Elysian Coffee Roasters
: http://elysiancoffee.com/

Re: chaff cyclone for UG22?

Postby geir oglend on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:55 pm

Hi Jessica, yes I did and we ended up with one built for the UG22. The fellows name is Jeff Jackson from Arizona Coffee Techs. He also helped me with crating and transporting of our IR24 all the way from Santa Fe NM. 3 years ago, super guy. He rebuilt and installed all the Probats at Bluebottle and many others.
Great person to know if you are into coffee roasting.
geir oglend

full name: geir oglend
company: drumroaster Coffee
: www.drumroaster.com